Re: GNOME Foundation.

Subject: Re: GNOME Foundation.
From: Rui Silva - Webmaster (rms@ssi.aaum.pt)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 08:15:41 CDT

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 11:00:35PM +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
> because of the "promise to adopt Open Office Technologies". I think
> representation on the committee is the best way to make our voice heard.

  I agree, at the very least, the _tentation_ for backstage commitments will be diluted.
  Anyway, since OpenOffice will be GPL'd, just as AbiWord, there's no reason each project cannot benefit from each other.

> Just so that you all know, I personally do NOT want to be on the
> committee. I would like someone from Abi there though.

  I also agree that it should be someone from AbiSource to represent us ate the comittee.

> Is this something we should talk about?

  I think so. Ignoring the GNOME Foundation will not be wise, and it benefits the world a lot more to participate in the GNOME Foundation than not to.

hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?