Re: strings

Subject: Re: strings
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 07:43:20 CDT

>>>>> "Jesper" == Jesper Skov <jskov@redhat.com> writes:

Jesper> Hmmm, I think many problems are caused by the overly crufty
Jesper> stuff that happens in the backend. I don't feel like applying
Jesper> more duct tape - I'd rather spend my time on a proper fix. So
Jesper> the answer would be 'no'. Sorry.

Uh, this could read as if I were trashing the current
implementation. That's not the case.

What I mean is that the present implementation was not designed to
handle all the magic that it now does - and thus it mostly happens in
non-obvious and crufty ways.

Jesper