Re: strings

Subject: Re: strings
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 07:35:37 CDT

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au> writes:

Martin> On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Jesper Skov wrote:

>> Jesper /lurking now, but with a bad itch in his fingers/

Martin> Hi Jesper, Good to hear from you again. I re-read your email
Martin> the other day requesting info regarding fidnpointcoords
Martin> code. Now that I've gone deeper into Abi to implement lists I
Martin> think I might be able to help you with some answers. Do you
Martin> still want to re-write that part of the code?

Yes. But it would take me something like a couple of weeks to do, I
think. And that's too long time for me just to do it for the fun of it
- I need to know that the goal is sensible and the changes would be
suitable for inclusion.

Also, I probably wouldn't want to look at it just yet - after the 1.0
would probably be more sensible.

Martin> Also I've had some trouble importing word documents longer
Martin> than one page. It appears that the page layout code <might>
Martin> be the cause. I noticed that you complained about this earlier
Martin> and had a stab at trying to fix it. Are interested in looking
Martin> at this stuff also/too?

Hmmm, I think many problems are caused by the overly crufty stuff that
happens in the backend. I don't feel like applying more duct tape -
I'd rather spend my time on a proper fix. So the answer would be
'no'. Sorry.

Jesper