Re: Small wv LaTeX patch

Subject: Re: Small wv LaTeX patch
From: Caolan McNamara (cmc@stardivision.de)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 11:44:44 CDT

At 18:27 22.08.00 +0300, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>here a small patch to the LaTeX handling again. This time it is for three
>characters that theoretically LaTeX with the latin1 encoding should
>handle correctly, but doesn't. This implements an alternative representation
>that works.
>
>The result on paper is the same though the LaTeX code is different.
>
>BTW (off topic) I have come across two Word documents in Swedish (both Word
>8) that produce wrong output using the encoding CP1250. When changing the
>encoding on line 139 of text.c into ISO-8859-1 (or CP1252) and recompiling,
>the output is correct.
>
>Any comments on this? Apparently a LID value of 0x041d does not always
>imply the CP1250 encoding. But where is this info in the Word file? And
>can/do
>we extract it?

As Norwegian and Danish are in as 1252 I suspect strongly that Swedish is
1252 as
well seeing as they all three languages are within spitting distance of
eachother
and use the same characters. Almost certainly you should change Swedish to
1252
in text.c.

Yup, checking back against the original text.c I see the problem, there was
a layout error in my text version of the word spec and I made a mistake from
Slovak downwords and in the fix for that I got Sweden wrong, hopefully they'll
forgive me for sending them into Eastern Europe. It would be a good idea for
someone to double check all the languages against their windows codepage.

C.

--
Herein are personal opinions, you'd want to be crazed to consider
these official positions of StarOffice/Sun or even vaguely congruent.