Re: Question for Windows/BeOS Developers.

Subject: Re: Question for Windows/BeOS Developers.
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 01:38:11 CDT

According to Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>:
> As a former Mac developer, I remember that TickCount() would return
> the number of "ticks" (sixtieths of a second) since startup. This
> COULD rap around but would require uptimes that are nonexistant on
> MacOS. Everybody expects it to continually increase. I guess
> indentification would have to be implemented differently on the MacOS.

There is a function that return the time since Jan 1, 1904 which is the EPOC
on MacOS.

BTW GUSI probably implements the right call as this library provide a wide
range of POSIX calls.
BTW I don't think this kind of things are harder to resolve than the other
porting issue that already rise like build system, lack of several support
libraries, etc.

I hope to provide soon a huge patch for the MacOS port.

Hub