Solved: the mystery of the hash files on Windows

Subject: Solved: the mystery of the hash files on Windows
From: Thomas Briggs (tom@sane.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 08:22:03 CDT

   The hash files weren't marked as binary in CVS. Thus CVS on Windows
mangled them when you checked them out. They have now been marked binary.
   I just wiped my abi tree, checked out everything fresh, did a 'make
distribution' and ran the installer. Spell check now works fine for me on
Windows. I also checked out a new version of the hash file on Linux and
copied it into my installation and spell check still appears to work fine on
Linux as well. So if anybody else has problems now that the files are
marked binary let me know.
   Now, hopefully, we can finally put this pain in the ass to rest.

   -Tom