looking for a commit on recent smart quote patch

Subject: looking for a commit on recent smart quote patch
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 11:52:59 CDT

Friday evening, I submitted a patch for some fine-tuning of the smart
quote stuff:

Could someone with commit privs look at the patch and, well, commit
it? I wouldn't normally be concerned about a few days this way or
that, but it would be good to have this patch in before 0.7.11 if
that's still possible.

In a nutshell, the problem being covered up, er, solved by this patch
is that smart quote promotion wasn't being properly handled if the
quote occurred directly after a forced line, column, or page break.
To reproduce, type a line, hit RETURN to force a line break, and then
type a word surrounded by quote marks. The open quote won't get
promoted to curly. The patch fixes that.