Spell checking

Subject: Spell checking
From: James Alan Brown (James@jabcomp.force9.co.uk)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 19:47:58 CDT

Re: hash tables:

Look Guys,

I know I have only just joined this group but you know from and outsider you
all seem so concerned about how quickly to can get what version of AbiWord to
Gnome rather than something much more to the point and important.

Your building for all the platforms but spelling checker only works for US
spelling!

(Not much fun for other languages)

Despite my email regarding hash tables problems (went unanswered) I am trying
my best to find out why it wont take other language hash sets.

I could really do with some help on this as I have spent most of the day
looking at the problem. It seems to me that the magic 2 problem is a red
herring.

Illegal format hash table expected magic 0x35 got 0x9602 britishxlg.hash

So I changed the default in ispell.h to 0x35 and It came back with:-

Illegal format hash table expected magic 0x9602 got 0x35 britishxlg.hash

Next: I disabled the magic 2 test and it told me that I had wrong hash table
version!

Question: Why not as a temp at least get your custom dictionary to offer the
words your have added to it to the main list offered. So if I type colour and
its been added into my custom dictionary, as a correctly spelt word, then it
also gets offered as well as the word color.

 Is their any one who can help me get started on sorting out the Spell checker,
who maybe can give me a background of what has been done? Needs to be followed
up?

Why not use the local ispell that most have anyway set up on their system?

How is the spelling checker working for say Italian users of Abiword ?

Credo che ci sia un errore nel suo calculo,

Ciao
James