Re: Spell checking

Subject: Re: Spell checking
From: Martin Vermeer (mv@liisa.pp.fi)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 05:16:32 CDT

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 01:18:37PM +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, James Alan Brown wrote:
>
> > Re: hash tables:
> >
> > Look Guys,
> >
> > I know I have only just joined this group but you know from and outsider you
> > all seem so concerned about how quickly to can get what version of AbiWord to
> > Gnome rather than something much more to the point and important.
> >
> > Your building for all the platforms but spelling checker only works for US
> > spelling!
> >
> > (Not much fun for other languages)
> >

> I don't think this is true. I'm sure it was fixed about 5 months ago. If
> it no longer works we need to fix it. As a general rule you should just
> have to setenv your LANG environment variable and abi should pick up
> whatever ispell dictionary is available. If it doesn't we have a problem.
>
> For English English I believe en_EN should work.

I can confirm that for Finnish (export LANG=fi_FI) it does NOT work.

It insists on using american.hash no matter what. Then, if you rename
finnish.hash to american.hash, it tries to use that but complains:

expected magic2 0x9602, got 0x35.

but the file command correctly identifies it as an ispell hash file
(precisely like it does the original american.hash)!

Martin Vermeer mv@liisa.pp.fi
:wq