Re: Spell Checking

Subject: Re: Spell Checking
From: James Alan Brown (James@jabcomp.force9.co.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 05:36:31 CDT

Regarding no spell checking unless using the default american.hash:

It seems to me that the problem is with libiconv and not the spell directory.

I can see that although there is in the directory cp850 (Code Page 850) it
is not being added during the make (in fact only a very few code pages are
read in)!

What is going on with libicov-plug.so? not getting installed in the lib?

Maybe why the hash table header is not being recognised correctly?

Certainly Martin; others have also said that they cant get their national
spell check hash table to work (look down the listings).

Has anyone got the full libicov tarball?
(cant seem to track it down even at http://clisp.org)

regards,
James