Colormap Problem

Subject: Colormap Problem
From: Kevin Mills (kevin.mills@usa.alcatel.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 15:04:08 CST

  I have my system running 8 bit color (Redhat 6.0). I have to have
this configuration so that specific
applications that I display remotely from my work (on Solaris) display
properly. This has a side affect
with abiword though in that the display comes up with 'electric'
colors. I scanned the FAQ section and
could not see any reference to this color. Then again, I may the only
person using LINUX with 256
colors. Anyway, is there a way to configure AbiWord so that the screen
is in grescale, or uses 'best color'.
If I start Netscape first, the screen backgroun is better than if no
other application is running. If I don't
start netscape first, the background of AbiWord is 'hot purple'. Any
help would be appreciated because
it does function fine and does everything I need (version 0.7.11) Here
is a screen capture showing how
it looks AFTER netscape is running.

Kevin

[Image]