Re: BeOS Build error:

Subject: Re: BeOS Build error:
From: Roland Kunz (R.Kunz@rz.uni-frankfurt.de)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 09:31:05 CST

Hello again,

Sam TH wrote:

> This is a serious problem, and one which I don't know how to fix.
> Basically, the issue is that different libc versions have different
> declarations for iconv. Eventually, (hopefully by the next release)
> we will fix this by using something like autoconf. But for now, I
> reccomend adding and
>
> #if defined(__BeOS__) || defined(__AIX__)

Ok, i will try and provide Versions if this works, this means I have to
look a little deeper
into it.

> around that code, provided that those are the right defines. If that
> works, please submit a patch.
>
> PS - Roland, are you willing to provide us with binaries for AIX?
> That would be very nice to have.

Yes i would like to.
As we are a University and we are running AIX for the enduser, we
desperately need a word-processor and I have chosen Abiword, but we have
learned that it is
sometimes difficult to build things for AIX which easy built for
instance on Linux.

Bye,
Roland

--
Dipl. phys. Roland Kunz, (CATE)
Hochschulrechenzentrum Frankfurt, Germany