Re: BeOS Build error:

Subject: Re: BeOS Build error:
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 09:40:28 CST

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 04:31:05PM +0100, Roland Kunz wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Sam TH wrote:
>
> > This is a serious problem, and one which I don't know how to fix.
> > Basically, the issue is that different libc versions have different
> > declarations for iconv. Eventually, (hopefully by the next release)
> > we will fix this by using something like autoconf. But for now, I
> > reccomend adding and
> >
> > #if defined(__BeOS__) || defined(__AIX__)
>
> Ok, i will try and provide Versions if this works, this means I have to
> look a little deeper
> into it.

Thanks lots.

> > around that code, provided that those are the right defines. If that
> > works, please submit a patch.
> >
> > PS - Roland, are you willing to provide us with binaries for AIX?
> > That would be very nice to have.
>
> Yes i would like to.
> As we are a University and we are running AIX for the enduser, we
> desperately need a word-processor and I have chosen Abiword, but we have
> learned that it is
> sometimes difficult to build things for AIX which easy built for
> instance on Linux.

Wow. AIX on the desktop. :-)

One of the design goals of AbiWord is that it works well on all it's
platforms, which means that it should build just as easily on AIX as
on linux. If you have any difficulties, let this list know, and we
will try to fix the problems.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/