Re: What are we waiting on?

Subject: Re: What are we waiting on?
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 12:48:31 CST

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 10:44:45AM -0800, Eric wrote:
> The binary from dev\binaries\verified\setup_abiword.exe, has the same
> problem. I tried on the shipping Windows 2000 and on Beta1 of Whistler.
>
> I tried copy to clipboard, save as .rtf, save as .txt & save as .pdb.
>
> Once the first list bullet is hit, nothing else gets saved in these formats.
> So if you have a document with the following:
> Line 1 (Plain text, no bullet)
> Line 2 (bulleted)
> Line 3 (Plain text, no bullet)
>
> Only Line 1 is saved.

I just confirmed this on linux. I think this is unacceptable
behavior, since it causes user data loss. We have two options.

1) Stop the release, and restart.
2) Finish the release, and the create a bugfix release.

Personally, I am inclined towards 1.

What do the rest of you think?

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu