Re: What are we waiting on?

Subject: Re: What are we waiting on?
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 18:06:18 CST

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 10:58:23AM +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Sam TH wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, I knew that lists didn't export to RTF, but I had thought it
> > worked like HTML, where the text gets outputted in normal paragraphs,
> > just without the lists.
> >
> > What do you think about the release?
> >

> Hmm well we have two choices.
>
> 1. Go ahead and release now with a big warning on
> exporting to rtf and Ben Hall's bug. Follow up with a bugfix.
>
> 2. Stop the release. Fix the two bugs, then release. Given how long it has
> taken to get here, I would definately go with 1. Supporting so many
> platforms makes things really slow. Even if I get a patch together within
> an hour it will take another week before we can release.

But if we do 1, then we have to spend the extra time for a second
release anyway. And we distribute software that loses our users data,
something I am very reluctant to do. Lots of people are going to
download this release, lose their data, and hate us. Esp. if they
find out we knew about the bug *before* the release.

Also, we are waiting on both someone to write release notes, and
SourceGear to fix their colo machine before we can release, regardless
of bugs.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/