The Build is Restarted was Re: What are we waiting on?

Subject: The Build is Restarted was Re: What are we waiting on?
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 19:54:41 CST

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 11:21:41AM +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:

> Hmm maybe the next cycle will go faster now that we know what we're doing
> better. You make a valid point about losing data. That would make everyone
> curse us. OK we do 1 but lets have a realistic set of validated targets
> for the release. Linux rpms, Linux tarball binaries, Windows, qnx maybe
> beos if someone other than Ben Hall promises to do the validation. You've
> had binaries sitting there for days waiting for validation. If there are
> people who want abi on that platform they should make it known by at least
> telling us that the binary works.

Ok. The build has now been declared restarted, and I am deleting all
of the submitted binaries. (well, just moving them really) I will
wait for Martin to submit a patch for the list RTF export bug before
we begin building again. Can you have this done soon, Martin?

We will be ready to release when the following happen:

1) We have builds for
Linux/x86
FreeBSD/x86
Win32
BeOS/x86
QNX/x86
BeOS/PPC
Linux/PPC
Gnome/Linux/x86

Note that I have access personally to all but the win and qnx systems
listed there. Hopefully we will get as many builds as we did this
time, but I am unlikely to wait.

2) We have a place to download from. This is waiting on SourceGear.

3) We have release notes. Dom and Thomas have dome some work in this
area already.

Hopefully this will go quickly.

I'm sorry about the delay, but losing user data is *not* acceptable.

Thanks for your patience.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/