Re: Commit: Page Numbers Dialog

Subject: Re: Commit: Page Numbers Dialog
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 21:42:42 CST

Mike,

This is an excellent suggestion that I've often wondered about. Then I wrote
a preview control and it took like 5 seconds and 20 lines of code to do. I'm
almost sure that creating an artificial document would be more work.

However, I think that I'd like to start working on this new preview control.
Why? Because I'd like to hook two things onto Abi in the near future and I'd
like them to be as XP as possible - a template system and a "wizard" system.

For templates, I'd like to be able to create mini documents inside of a
larger scrolled window and have the user click on them and abiword would
launch a "clone" of the template. For wizards, I'd like to display a
document at the final stages of the wizard - to show the user exactly what
he/she is going to get when he/she clicks on the "finish" button. I'm
convinced that the best way to accomplish this is through a new preview
widget. It may or may not be the best solution for our simple dialogs
though.

If anyone would like to help, I'd appreciate it. I'm busy with exams for the
next week or so.

Oh, and I made the preview widget smaller and added "text" to it so that it
isn't just a big white square with a single number in it.

Dom