[Patch] Psiconv TextEd and Word importer

Subject: [Patch] Psiconv TextEd and Word importer
From: Frodo Looijaard (frodol@dds.nl)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 18:11:45 CST

Hi folks,

attached is a diff against current CVS which adds an importer for the
Psion Word and TextEd formats. You will need to install libpsiconv version
4.0.1 first, which can be found in the psiconv-0.7.1 package at:
    http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol/psiconv/
You need to set the ABI_OPT_PSICONV flag to 1 in the Makefile to
enable the importer.

The diff is gziped and must be applied from the abi subdirectory:
  patch -p0 < PATCHFILE

The importer is complete (it even supports Dom Lachowicz's new background
color feature), except for bulleted paragraphs. I am still thinking about
them - in the Psion file, they are not really lists, and I am not sure
how I should merge succeeding paragraphs.

The intention is that Psiconv compiles on all platforms, but it is
only tested on Linux, and for an older version on Solaris and Irix.
Feedback along these lines would be very welcome.

If people want a sample Psion file to test with, but do not own a Psion,
I will prepare one.

Good luck with it,
  Frodo

--