Re: Table workaround

Subject: Re: Table workaround
From: Georg Lehner (jorge@toa.magma.com.ni)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 20:18:39 CST

Hello!

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 08:06:47AM +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
> oppenoffice, kword, and Lyx) for clues on how best to implement Tables in
> Abi.

Please DON'T take LyX as an example of how to implement tables. It is
barely able to do LaTeX tables, which is nice, but surely not
sufficient for a Word Processor.

Don't take me wrong on this, I am a enthusiastic LyX and LaTeX user, I
need AbiWord (or anything likewise) for my "clients".

I would like to repeat, that AbiWord could surely gain audience if
simple table handling would be implemented. This could attract
developers (like you) who later polish the thing up.

Best Regards,

        Jorge-León