Re: [Patch] Psiconv TextEd and Word importer

Subject: Re: [Patch] Psiconv TextEd and Word importer
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 07:23:44 CST

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> Plus I haven't given up hope that Abi will adopted by a PDA manufacturer,
> in which case being able to read and write numerous PDA formats would be a
> huge plus.

Yes well we might have some fat trimming to do first. Our footprint
(both runtime and exectable size) are a little on the big size ...
we might be smaller than others, but we aren't _that_ much smaller =;-)
Adding in things like STL and additional libraries (ie this psion
library) doesn't help either.

Has anyone given any thought to us using the Netscape Portable Runtime
thingy so that we could make our importers/exporters work as plugins
rather than having them bound directly into the executable. Never having
written an importer or an exporter (though I'm tempted to look at a
writing a WordPerfect one) how solid is our API and what are other
people's thoughts on this?

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf