Re: Footprint

Subject: Re: Footprint
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 16:20:21 CST

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 01:34:39PM -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> For some reason, the dictionaries are loaded in the initialization of
> the _non-XP_ app class. That makes it much harder to fix since it has
> to be fixed in many places. If the autospell preference item is off,
> the dictionary should not be loaded at all until the user invokes a
> spell check. And even then, it should be mmapped (on platforms that
> support it).

Now I remember why I couldn't fix this. The heirarchy of app classes
is:

XAP_App -> XAP_PlatformApp -> AP_PlatformApp

i.e. there's no AP_App class which is needed to have a
loadSpellDicts() function that can be called from XP code.

Now that the luddites :) are gone, may I please use multiple
inheritance to fix this?