Re: File formats and tables

Subject: Re: File formats and tables
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 24 2000 - 14:52:56 CST

On Sun, Dec 24, 2000 at 11:13:18AM +1100, Ashleigh Gordon wrote:
> I've been looking at the Koffice site, and looking at their file formats for KWord, as I am thinking of making filters for both Abiword and KWord. Has anyone made a start on this/is this planned? We really should be able to open both of our formats. Also, since KWord already supports tables, and they use a format similiar to ours(XML), maybe we should look at how they did it? You can find their DTD at
>
> http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/koffice/kword/dtd/
>
> Also, where is our DTD? I haven't been able to find it.

A KWord importer would be great. And due to the quality generic XML
importer created by Dom, it shouldn't be that har to write. The
difficult part is getting to the date in the tar file. You can look a
KOffice's routines for using tar files, and the zabw import/export
routines for dealing with the compression.

The dtd, along with an W3C XML Schema, is available in links from the
Developer FAQ, and at http://www.abisource.com/awml.dtd

                                sam th
                                sam@uchicago.edu
                                http://www.abisource.com/~sam