Re: Thai

Subject: Re: Thai
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 06:07:22 CST

On Mon, 25 Dec 2000, ha shao wrote:

 Hi,

> On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 04:29:56PM +0400, hvv@hippo.ru wrote:
> > AW determines locale of course by looking at the LANG variable.
> > For LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R it looks in the following subdirectories of the
> > ${prefix}/fonts/:
> > ru
> > KOI8-R
> > ru-RU
> > ru-RU.KOI8-R
> >
> > so you should put the fonts to the directory that is most appropriate. You
> > shouldn't hack fonts.dir in the ${prefix}/fonts/ at all.
>
> Hi Vald,
> When I tested the current CVS of abiword, I found that this formula
> does not really work. For Chinese GB2312 encoding, the only working directory
> names are
>
> ${prefix}/fonts/zh
> ${prefix}/fonts/GB2312,
>
> case sensitive under LANG=zh_CN.GB2312. For Chinese Big5 encoding, the
> only working directory name is
>
> ${prefix}/fonts/zh <-- confusing with the above.
> ${prefix}/fonts/Big5
>
> under LANG=zh_TW.Big5. Any other forms are not recognized:
> zh_CN
> zh_CN.GB2312
> zh_TW
> zh_TW.Big5
>
> My system is a Debian woody box.

 Hmm, very strange. I don't have CVS version, but the version that is one
month old. When I run it (it's compiled with debug ON), I get the following
messages related to font loading for LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R:

DEBUG: Read 68 fonts from directory [/AbiSuite/fonts/].
DEBUG: Cannot open [/AbiSuite/fonts/ru/fonts.dir] to read fonts list.
DEBUG: File says 32 fonts should follow...
DEBUG: Read 32 fonts from directory [/AbiSuite/fonts/KOI8-R].
DEBUG: Cannot open [/AbiSuite/fonts/ru-RU/fonts.dir] to read fonts list.
DEBUG: Cannot open [/AbiSuite/fonts/ru-RU.KOI8-R/fonts.dir] to read fonts
list.

 That's the source I've copied a list of subdirectories' names from in the
letter you've replied to. Does your build produces the same types of
messages related to font loading or not? If not, then somebody (but not me)
has hacked a function named 'localeinfo_combinations' in
XAP_EncodingManager.cpp. I will try to look into this 5 hours later.

> --
> Best regard
> hashao

 Best regards,