Re: Thai

Subject: Re: Thai
From: ha shao (hashao@chinese.com)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 04:56:28 CST

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 04:29:56PM +0400, hvv@hippo.ru wrote:
> AW determines locale of course by looking at the LANG variable.
> For LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R it looks in the following subdirectories of the
> ${prefix}/fonts/:
> ru
> KOI8-R
> ru-RU
> ru-RU.KOI8-R
>
> so you should put the fonts to the directory that is most appropriate. You
> shouldn't hack fonts.dir in the ${prefix}/fonts/ at all.

Hi Vald,
  When I tested the current CVS of abiword, I found that this formula
does not really work. For Chinese GB2312 encoding, the only working directory
names are

${prefix}/fonts/zh
${prefix}/fonts/GB2312,

case sensitive under LANG=zh_CN.GB2312. For Chinese Big5 encoding, the
only working directory name is

${prefix}/fonts/zh <-- confusing with the above.
${prefix}/fonts/Big5

under LANG=zh_TW.Big5. Any other forms are not recognized:
zh_CN
zh_CN.GB2312
zh_TW
zh_TW.Big5