Re: multi-lingual support under Unix

Subject: Re: multi-lingual support under Unix
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 12:47:23 CST

tomas> Adding Language to the formating is straight forward, you just
tomas> need to add character property 'language' to list in
tomas> pp_Property.cpp and create some interface for the user to use
tomas> this property.

I haven't looked there in a while, but that's the sort of thing I had
in mind, too. However, would it not be better to use "locale" instead
of "language"? There are, for example, spelling differences between
different dialects of the same language, and there are undoubtedly
other differences, too.

(I'm imagining you really meant just the language part and not the
region part. If you really meant the "language" property to represent
the entire locale information, then this is just nitpicking to suggest
that we give the proerty a more precise tag [to modern programmers
anyhow].)