Re: Options dialog

Subject: Re: Options dialog
From: Stephen Hack (shack@uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 18:47:45 CST

I'll jump into this conversation sooner or later... :>

First off, about the distance between the label and ruler unit's menu...
Under linux, atleast, I've not been able to align the label anything BUT
center. All the settings just don't do anything for me, so I'm stuck
centering the label. Which is dependant upon the layout. Does anybody know
how to left/right align a label?

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 11:35:52AM -0600, Robert Sievers wrote:
<snip>
> While you are at it, on Windows the Reset, Edit, and Dictionary
> buttons all cause an instant hang. Would you be up for graying these
> buttons out? Later when someone wants to hook these up and do preferences
> right we will go for the permanent solution. Meanwhile, just graying out
> the buttons will keep people from crashing, and sending me mail complaining
> about it.
>
> Robert Sievers
> Open Source Evangelist

Currently, that's what I do under unix, and have the XAP code to allow the
graying/enabling of fields. I don't know who ported the dialog to windows,
but it does not look like the function was coded.

The function is
        // to enable/disable a control
                virtual void _controlEnable( tControl id, UT_Bool value )=0;

Looking at the Win32 function, it looks like it's partially implemented, but
the default:'s UT_ASSERT is commented out, looking like the list is not
complete. This looks like the problem.

-shack