Re: Abiword for Macintosh

Subject: Re: Abiword for Macintosh
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 03:01:37 CST

According to crawford@goingware.com <crawford@goingware.com>:

> While I can certainly attest to the fact that PowerPlant is a quality API and is real
> nice to work with, it is not free software, and I don't think you want you want the
> entanglement of having to link all that commercial code into your copylefted
> product.

RMS told that accoring to the GPL it is OK since it is provided with the
compiler and is available as source code.

However, I think that the problem with PowerPlant is that it is evolving
continuously and may break in future revision. This is constraining IHMO.

> Also it is highly Mac specific.

For the Mac port, it is NOT a problem.

Hub