re: Abiword for Macintosh

Subject: re: Abiword for Macintosh
crawford@goingware.com
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 20:57:06 CST

Hi,

While I can certainly attest to the fact that PowerPlant is a quality API and is real
nice to work with, it is not free software, and I don't think you want you want the
entanglement of having to link all that commercial code into your copylefted
product.

Also it is highly Mac specific.

If you need a GUI framework that is open source and will work cross-platform, I'm
working with one that the author plans to open source. Can't say much about it
yet except it's real nice, and it supports MacOS, WIndows, XWindows and the
BeOS. I think it's better designed than powerplant.

Mike