Re: should we bother making this a POW? (was Re: Hello...)

Subject: Re: should we bother making this a POW? (was Re: Hello...)
From: Daniel Weber (dweber1@austin.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 20:12:18 CST

Paul Rohr wrote:

> At 11:00 AM 2/8/00 -0600, Robert Sievers wrote:
> >At 10:11 PM 2/7/00 -0600, Daniel Weber wrote:
> >>Mostly I wanted to help fix bug 522 on linux with the toolbar drop-down
> lists
> >>keeping the focus, but it seems beyond the power of mortal men to make
> >this one
> >>go away....
> >
> >Oooo! Oooo! I have some more information on this. On my out of the box Red
> >Hat 6.0 system, I can make the bug appear and disapear at will. If I
> >depress the NumLock key, bug #522 shows up. I release NumLock, and presto,
> >no more bug #522.
> >
> >What configuration file holds the secret to what is going wrong here?
>
> OK folks,
>
> This mystery bug has been annoying folks for a long, long time now --
> especially because it seemed so hard to reproduce. Now that Bob has made
> his discovery, not only do we have an instant workaround (hit the NumLock
> key), but it should be an easy fix.
>
> So, should we bother writing it up as this week's POW, or is it *so* easy
> that a patch will show up too fast for that?

Scroll lock also triggers this bug. I've noticed strange behavior with num
lock when using the program nedit (my personal favorite programming editor) -
when num lock is on, none of the key accelerators work. This behavior is the
same with caps lock (?) and scroll lock. Nedit is a motif program, so this bug
may be deeper than even gtk...