Re: CodeWarrior project for Mac

Subject: Re: CodeWarrior project for Mac
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 19:00:00 CST

At 11:55 AM 2/8/00 -0600, Bryan Prusha wrote:
> Well gosh, what do I need those for? =) So, is there something more
>I need to check out, or do these directories exist under some other name?

The abi tree assumes a number of peer components as follows:

  expat XML parser
  libiconv charset conversion
  libpng PNG file format
  wv MS Word file format
  zlib compression (also required by PNG)

All of these are available as CVS modules from our website, along with abi.
The "diving make" build system used for all other platforms assumes that
these will be found as peer directories of the abi tree. For more details,
see:

  http://www.abisource.com/dev_build.phtml

Note that not all of these are needed on every platform, which is why
there's a platform fanout here:

  abi/src/config/require/

>Perhaps the problem is that the project is not located in the correct
>place. I currently have it placed in the same directory as the XML project.
>Should it be at the top of the abi directory? I think this may reduce the
>need for so many specific access paths.

I haven't looked at how the Mac build environment is set up, but I suspect
that it's similar.

Paul