.abw import or export bug

Subject: .abw import or export bug
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 21:30:39 CST

I have a bug I was hoping someone on the list could take from me.

Basically, what happens is that someone imports a document from Word, then
saves it in .abw format. One of the characters in the document is in the
high-byte range. AbiWord can now correctly import this from MSWord, but
when the document is saved as .abw, it cannot be reopened. This is very
disconcerting. On a personal note, it is causing me headaches, because
people are mailing me wondering what is going on, but that's another story.
 I think the problem was probably around for a while, but not visible. The
recent work by Justin to import multi-byte chars from Word has outpaced
AbiWord's own import/export capability.

I logged it as #762. I have included a small sample document. Is anyone
up for looking into this?

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist