RE: (spell) A couple of clarifications

Subject: RE: (spell) A couple of clarifications
abnay@altavista.net
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 09:21:15 CST

Henrik Berg wrote regarding code in abi/src/other/spell:

> As I said, it C code, I don't like it, too 32-bit
> only. My suggestion is that you make it work on your
> platform, in a way you think will work on 32-bit too.
> If it doesn't we handle that then.
>
> Have in mind if a variable size is internal or come
> from the fileformat. If it is 32-bit in the
> dictionaryfile, it might be good to have it 32-bit
> internally. And then again maybe not :)

Briefly, it looks like the need for the downcast
is due to the use of the same field as index as
well as the string at that index. I separated
the functionalities by defining new index fields in
struct dent and struct flagent.

A more higher-level question: is the code in spell
known to work? When I choose Spelling from the Edit
menu, it just prints out a spell check done message !!

Bharadwaj