Re: Rectangle Method

Subject: Re: Rectangle Method
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 15:35:09 CST

At 07:11 PM 2/14/00 +0300, Alexey Sinutin wrote:
>Why there is no the GR_Graphics::drawRectangle method in gr_XXXGraphics.*?
>I think this method is necessary sometimes. Am I wrong?

So far, we've made do with drawLine() calls, perhaps because we've spent
more time doing 3D drop shadows than plain rectangles.

Otherwise, I don't think there's any philosphical objection, since any
platform which doesn't have a native rectangle primitive could always
implement such a method by making four calls to its own drawLine
implementation.

Paul