Re: Make file error

Subject: Re: Make file error
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 21:22:54 CST

At 01:55 PM 2/24/00 +1000, Matthew Allen wrote:
>I'm building on 98.. and getting this:
>
>make[4]: *** No rule to make target
`//D/Abi/abi/src/WIN32_20.1_i386_OBJ/obj/lib
>Abi_libwv_s.lib', needed by
`//D/Abi/abi/src/WIN32_20.1_i386_OBJ/bin/AbiWord.exe
>'. Stop.
>make[3]: *** [build] Error 2
>make[2]: *** [build] Error 2
>make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
>make: *** [compile] Error 2
>
>Can anyone help me get this thing building..?

Check and make sure you've got all the peer modules of the abi tree in the
right spots:

  foo/abi
  foo/expat
  foo/libiconv
  foo/libpng
  foo/wv
  foo/zlib

If so, then just running make from inside the abi directory should dive over
and build all the required libraries for you.

>(I've got this bug thats really annoying me... and I just want to go in a
fix
>it.)

Cool. :-)

>Also while I'm at it, MAKE crashes a bit...

Bob had run into some similar problems on 98, where the cygwin version of
gmake was running out of processes. IIRC, he was able to work around this
by turning off MapCache or something. YMMV.

>and some header files are called
>config.h.msvc and need to be renamed before the build will work, maybe
someone
>should mention that you need to do that in the build instructions on the
>abisource website?

Uh, that doesn't sound right. It should be building cleanly as described
above. Are you trying to build the peer libraries using their own
makefiles? Just let the abi tree do that for you.

Paul