AbiWord 0.7.8 under irix6.5

Subject: AbiWord 0.7.8 under irix6.5
From: Scott Presnell (srp@zgi.com)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 10:50:29 CST

Hi Folks,
        I've successfully compiled AbiWord 0.7.8 under irix6.5
using {glib,gtk+}-1.2.7, libpng-1.0.5, zlib-1.1.3, and the
versions of wv, and libiconv (after renaming the system include
file) using egcs 1.1.1.

I get an executable dymanic binary, but no joy. abiword starts
what I'm guessing to be the splash screen, and a really breif glimps
of the main window but then dumps with:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

... at the same time in the console window I get:

QPixmap: Invalid pixmap parameters
QPixmap::setMask: The pixmap and the mask must have the same size
kwm: X_CopyArea(0x0): BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
QPixmap: Invalid pixmap parameters
QPixmap::setMask: The pixmap and the mask must have the same size

As you can see I'm running kde with kwm as a window manager. I tried
the same thing under 4Dwm (sgi native window manager), but I get the
same Gdk error (no comments in the console window).

How would I go about debugging this further? Any known irix issues
or irix specific patches?

        Thanks.

        - Scott Presnell (srp@zgi.com)