Insert Symbol as a button?

Subject: Insert Symbol as a button?
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 04:59:55 CST

HI everyone,
            I've just about finished the "Insert Symbol" dialog (for gtk).
(See shot!). It is a standard modal "Insert Symbol" dialog. I just want to
add a little colour highlight to the area in the symbol table to show
where the symbol is in the table and I hope to get a patch submitted by
Monday. It makes extensive use of the cross platform gr_graphics stuff as
suggested by Paul. Still the gtk front end is a significant amount of
code.

I have a question for the list though. Should "Insert Symbol" get its own
button? There is room for it on the toolbar with cut, paste etc. Do people
think that is it would be better to preserve this space for more used
functions?

Cheers

Martin Sevior