Re: Xwindow Input Method

Subject: Re: Xwindow Input Method
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 20:43:04 CST

At 07:11 PM 2/28/00 +0800, hj wrote:
>We input Chinese using XIM. So must create a XIM class to support inputing
>CJK in Xwindow.

Yes, we had assumed that this would be necessary, but didn't have anyone who
knew much about XIM. By comparison, the work currently done by the
EV_Keyboard classes is probably pretty simple, even though they'd share the
job of generating Unicode characters and other edit methods.

If you're ready to tackle this work, we'd be interested in discussing how it
should fit into the codebase.

Thanks,
Paul