platform support for tri-state checkboxes?

Subject: platform support for tri-state checkboxes?
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 20:34:44 CST

At 06:28 PM 2/28/00 -0800, I wrote:
>2. Keep it there as a tri-state checkbox instead. That way, you could
>easily turn all the toolbars on or off at once. However, I'm not sure this
>is all that useful.

This reminds me -- what's the current level of support for tri-state
checkbox widgets on each of our supported platforms?

I know they've been around on Win32 for quite a while, which is why they're
currently being used on the second pane of the paragraph dialog, but at the
time, Shaw wasn't able to quickly scrounge one up for GTK, which surprised
us both.

Two questions:

1. How hard will it be to come up with one for GTK/GNOME?

2. Are we going to encounter similar problems on BeOS, QNX, or the Mac?

Paul