commit -- KeyBindingsCycle option (fixes bug 613)

Subject: commit -- KeyBindingsCycle option (fixes bug 613)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 02:30:54 CST

Add KeyBindingsCycle option to control F12 behavior. Default is off.
Fixes #613.

  M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp
  M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Prefs_SchemeIds.h

Thanks to Kevin for reminding me how easy a patch this was.

At 08:21 PM 2/28/00 -0800, Kevin Vajk wrote:
>On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Paul Rohr wrote:
>> 2. Nobody cares about toggling input modes. Anyone who uses VI or emacs
>> keybindings hardwired their prefs long ago and wouldn't *dream* of
touching
>> that F12 key.
>
>Personally, I do like to toggle back and forth between vi and default
>mode on the fly. I do most of my work in default mode, but then
>flip to vi mode for quick navigation through long paragraphs.

One of the things I love about making sweeping generalizations is that I'm
"always" immediately proven wrong. ;-) Oh well. If nothing else, it's a
great way to either:

  - test consensus, or
  - generate a concrete use case.

Thanks for the use case.

>I'd like to be able to edit ~/.AbiSuite/AbiWord.Profile and set
>ModeToggleKey="F12", or AllowF12ToToggleMode="1", or something
>along those lines. (Obviously, having F12 switch the hapless
>user into some bizarre editing mode must be disabled by default.)

OK, I'm sold. Done. See above.

Paul

PS: Bob, remind me that we'll need to fix the FAQ for this when we release
the next set of binaries.