Re: Options dialog question

Subject: Re: Options dialog question
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 14:06:09 CST

At 01:04 AM 2/29/00 -0800, you wrote:

>When I choose Tools->Options, click the Show/Hide toggle button
>for the ruler, and then click "Apply" or "OK", it does not
>show/hide the ruler for my current window, only for new windows
>opened up later.
>My question is whether or not this is considered the correct
>behavior.
>
>My personal opinion is that it should affect the current window
>as well as all new windows, the way the View->Ruler checkbox
>does.
>
>Do people with UI expertise agree that this is the desired
>behavior? If so, I'll make a patch for ap_Dialog_Options.cpp.

Make sure to read the UI Design Q thread again to get a feel for Paul's
proposed behavior here. Second, this particular options isn't implemented
on Windows at all, so if you are thinking about sending a patch for this,
please consider doing so in a cross-platform way.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist