Re: Options dialog question

Subject: Re: Options dialog question
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 18:10:19 CST

Kevin,

(1) I agree 100% that it should affect the current window.

(2) Then I had to try Word 97 because my next comment was going to be
that it should affect all open windows, not just the current and new
windows.

I tested View | Ruler and View | Toolbars.

View | Toolbars, as I expected, affected all open windows, at least in a
sense, because Word uses the Windows MDI, and the Toolbars are
associated with the parent window.

View | Rulers was a surprise -- turning the Ruler on or off affected
only the current window, not all open windows!

Anyway, the bottom line is, I'd like, in many cases, to turn the ruler
on or off and affect all open windows.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks,
Randy