Radical change of AbiWord bug owners

Subject: Radical change of AbiWord bug owners
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 16:38:22 CST

As many of you know, I wear a lot of hats around here, one of them being
QA. It's hard to be a QA guy and find the right balance between providing
a service to the development group while maintaining the right level of
annoyance. Meanwhile, bugs are piling up out of control. Many of them are
small, but they are indeed there.

Previously, every bug had an owner. Most of the time, that owner was paul,
jeff, or eric. For a variety of reasons that vary on a case by case basis,
these guys cannot keep up with the level of reports. I have now revamped
bugzilla so that most bugs no longer have an owner.

If you have been wondering how to get involved in this project, now is the
time to step up to the plate. Of the 194 outstanding bugs, 137 no longer
have owners. Go into bugzilla, find one that looks easy to you, and assign
it to yourself. If we all do a little bit, a lot will get done.

I have even gone to the trouble of adding a link to this specific query off
the main page at http://www.abisource.com/bugzilla/ Click on "show all
unclaimed bugs".

I have put a lot of work into making it as easy as possible to help out.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist