Re: Text boxes in Linux

Subject: Re: Text boxes in Linux
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 14:27:04 CST

Ted Lemon wrote:
> Hm. Is it possible that you're getting behind in following the
> scrollbar update events? Does the redraw code check for scroll events
> regularly (between drawing each hunk)? Does it make sure it has all
> outstanding events before proceeding?

We probably are getting behind. We're getting events whenever GTK throws
them at us (expose events to the drawing area), and they're probably
out of order some times. These cases are lots of simple X-related things
that are pretty easy to fix (in this case, throw away any events < last
event; X numbers them for us), but no one has done it.

gr_UnixGraphics.cpp is pretty easy to read through, if you have some
good optimization ideas.

--
Shaw Terwilliger