Re: SV: i18n of abiword

Subject: Re: SV: i18n of abiword
From: Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 18:25:47 CST

> I found the translationtables (lesson, look first, write socond)
> Sorry to say it, but this must be REALY slow way to do this.

Those tables are intended to be a work-around for operating systems with
bad iconv implementations. I'm sure they could be improved, but I imagine
Caolan didn't feel like spending a bunch of time reimplementing iconv for
legacy operating systems (non-Linux ;)

> Could I change this and add a set of ConvertUnicodeTo12NN? I have not
> fully understood the relation of wv in the source tree.

I'm sure Caolan would not mind improvements to wv (which is a library for
importing Microsoft Word files).

For charset issues, as I mentioned before, we might want to consider just
using this code in wv for more general AbiWord purposes.

Justin