Re: New Norwegian translation of AbiWord

Subject: Re: New Norwegian translation of AbiWord
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 13:26:07 CST

Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
> I know a Norwegian translation of AbiWord already exist, but Norwegian actually has *two* official written forms[1].
>
> The current translation is in _Norwegian bokmål_, and I'm interested in creating a _Norwegian nynorsk_ translation. Would that be ok? If so, exactly what should I do?

This sounds great! If you haven't done any localization for AbiWord
before, read through abi/docs/AbiSource_Localization.abw (in our source
tree), which explains the general process. As long as Norwegian bokmål
has its own ISO language code (to differentiate it from NoNO), it should
be easy to integrate into our collection of translations. A quick search
of the ISO language codes doesn't reveal any entry for bokmål, though.

--
Shaw Terwilliger