Re: bug 664

Subject: Re: bug 664
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 10:54:30 CST

At 01:03 PM 1/17/00 -0800, Paul Rohr wrote:
>At 09:48 AM 1/17/00 -0600, sam th wrote:
>>With regard to the above bug, I don't think that this crash was our fault.
>>I have just spent a good bit of time with the code in question, and I
>>cannot see any way that it could cause this sort of crash. Abiword is
>>actually quite lenient when i comes to characters in filenames. (But
>>that's another discussion.) From the backtrace, I would say that the
>>crash was in gtk, which was called from runModal. I checked in the
>>source, and gtk_main() is called in runModal. Thus, unless someone else
>>can reproduce this, I think it should be considered 'not our fault.'
>
>Sam,
>
>I hate blaming a bug on someone else when we're not sure what caused it, but
>it's hard to diagnose a bug which can't be reproduced. As best I can tell
>from that call stack alone:

I spent a long time looking for this bug as well, but could never reproduce
it. I have closed the bug, mailed the person who reported it, and closed
it. I am confident that if I cannot reproduce it and Sam looked into the
cause and believes it's not AbiWord related, it probably isn't. Thanks for
checking this out, Sam!

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist