commit - Win32, Translate with iconv from keyboard codepage to Unicode

Subject: commit - Win32, Translate with iconv from keyboard codepage to Unicode
From: Henrik Berg (henrik@lansen.se)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 18:56:15 CST

This is the first go at supporting multilingual input. This is just for Win32, but there need to be some changes in XP land later.

With this all 8-bit keyboard layouts should work (east europ, russia, greek). What is missing is Keymapping since these asume that there is a 'A' some where on the keyboard if you whant to press Alt-A, but that is not allways the case.

The Keymapping has max 256 places, and I think that is good, since no matter how strange keyboard, there is never more than 256 keys (I hope).

One thing to do is make it possible to create a Keymap for every new language translation, assuming that someone using Greek translation has a Greek keyboard. That is not allways the case, but it's to late for me to figure it out right now.

Good night folks
--hb