Re: POW 19.12

Subject: Re: POW 19.12
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 22:19:11 CST

At 08:39 PM 1/23/00 +0100, Michael Vogt wrote:
>State of my little Project is currently: The toggleButton in the menu is
there
>and works (well, mostly, see my question on this issue), forceLineBreaks,
Tabs
>and Spaces are drawn with special Charackters. No funky P's, yet.

Cool.

>You suggested in the POW 19.12, that the bShowParagraphs should be stored
>inside a View. I did it this way, but if I choose "zoom", a new View
>will be created and "ShowParagraphs" will be reseted. Can I do something
>against this ? Or should I store bShowParagraphs in a Frame (like
>bShowRuler) ?

OK. That sounds like a good reason to store that information in the Frame
(so that it can be replicated to new Views at different Zoom levels). I
still think you want a copy "nearby" (say, in the View) just to hold down on
the amount of pointer-chasing needed at draw time.

>I implemented the forcePageBreaks as a soild line. When I scroll a lot,
the line
>is not (re)drawn correctly. I'm not sure if I can blame my code, or the code
>that does the scrolling (I will dig into this, I just want to be sure, that
>this is not a known bug).

I haven't seen the behavior, so I'm not sure whether it's a known bug.

>P.S. I attach a patch against 0.7.7. It implents everythink I described above
>(including the bugs, of cource). It's not alway conform with the programming
>guidlines. I will fix this in my next patch.

OK. Sounds like we should wait for your next patch, then.

Paul