Re: rpm makefile patch for Linux/PPC

Subject: Re: rpm makefile patch for Linux/PPC
From: Logan Hall (warrior514@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 17:04:43 CST

sterwill@abisource.com wrote:

> Logan Hall wrote:
> > I was wondering if you guys would be interested in my patch to make rpm
> > packages on LinuxPPC? on LinuxPPC rpm is stored in /bin/rpm not in
> > /usr/bin/rpm. I discovered this a while back when i was trying to make
> > a ppc rpm of the cvs tree for a friend. I changed the makefile to look
> > for /usr/bin/rpm and then /bin/rpm. I just figgured out how to do a cvs
> > diff and so i now have the patch if you guys want it. I am attaching it
> > to this email.
>
> I think a better solution would be to add some detection for RPM in
> current locations, or test the generic `rpm` (without path) in the
> script. This shouldn't be too hard, if you want to give it a shot.
> tcsh does this through the -X flag (test for FILE in path and is executable).

Ok.. i just implemented this. I am testing it now. Also i have made some
changes to the strings for the options dialog:

The preferences tab is now "Preference Schemes"
Automaticaly save preferences is now "Automaticaly save this Scheme"

Would you like the patch for this as well? Also what are your thoughts on this
change. I think it will clear up some of the confusion (there should never be a
tab under options called "Preferences"), but i still don't realy like them.

--

---- Logan Hall