Re: rpm makefile patch for Linux/PPC

Subject: Re: rpm makefile patch for Linux/PPC
From: Logan Hall (warrior514@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 17:20:49 CST

Logan Hall wrote:

> sterwill@abisource.com wrote:
>
> > Logan Hall wrote:
> > > I was wondering if you guys would be interested in my patch to make rpm
> > > packages on LinuxPPC? on LinuxPPC rpm is stored in /bin/rpm not in
> > > /usr/bin/rpm. I discovered this a while back when i was trying to make
> > > a ppc rpm of the cvs tree for a friend. I changed the makefile to look
> > > for /usr/bin/rpm and then /bin/rpm. I just figgured out how to do a cvs
> > > diff and so i now have the patch if you guys want it. I am attaching it
> > > to this email.
> >
> > I think a better solution would be to add some detection for RPM in
> > current locations, or test the generic `rpm` (without path) in the
> > script. This shouldn't be too hard, if you want to give it a shot.
> > tcsh does this through the -X flag (test for FILE in path and is executable).
> >

> Ok.. i just implemented this. I am testing it now. Also i have made some
> changes to the strings for the options dialog:

Hmm.. i have a new problem now when i try to build a rpm.. with the original patch
and with my new change... here is the problem:

make[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/abisuite-2000.01.25/abi-2000.01.25'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `compile'. Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/abisuite-2000.01.25/abi-2000.01.25'
make[2]: *** [rpm] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/abiword/abi/src/pkg/linux'
make[1]: *** [distribution] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/abiword/abi/src'
make: *** [distribution] Error 2

also what is the damn /etc/rpmrc suppost to look like.. the Makefile does some grep
action on it and i didn't have it.. so i just put what the Makefile was looking for
("topdir: /usr/src/redhat") and rpm constanly bitches:

bad option 'topdir' at /etc/rpmrc:1

--

---- Logan Hall